Waaaay back in September, Deanna nominated me for this award. 🙂 I’m terrible, it’s been about six months since I was nominated… but Deanna, thank you so much for the nomination! I’m doing it now! 😀
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to. … Holy crap 15 is a lot? Lets do 5. 🙂
How Did Your Blog Start?
The Literary Phoenix has been around… what feels like forever. I’ve always been obsessed with online journalling. In college I decided I wanted to break off and have different blogs… writing, recipes, personal, etc. The Literary Phoenix is the only one that remains. If you go back in my blogging history, you’ll see that most of my early posts are about writing and my WIPs whereas this has become a book blog over the last few years. It started as a casual whimsy, really.
I’ve been on and off for the last seven years – at the end of 2016, I tried to get back into blogging again, then fell off the wagon… then in mid-2017 started up again and this has now been the longest blogging streak since I started the blog.
Two Pieces of Advice for New Bloggers.
- Write about what you are passionate about. This is what keeps me going. The things that I don’t enjoy doing, I drop. At no point do you need to spend your time doing anything you don’t want to do. Blogging takes a lot of time and effort – from planning, to finding the words, making graphics, being part of the community… if you are passionate, it is effortless.
- Make a plan. One of the most difficult things about blogging is consistency. So make a plan. Do you want to post once a week? On Tuesdays? Are you going to do reviews on a schedule or when you finish a book? Make a plan, make a calendar for your own sake. Know what you want to do, and schedule time to do it. It’ll keep you from getting overwhelmed.
Bonus Advice: Blog for yourself. Don’t obsess over stats. Don’t compare yourself to other blogs. Don’t feel you need do giveaways unless you want to. Don’t overstretch yourself. Take breaks if you need to. Stop blogging if you need to. Blog daily if you need to. Blog for YOU.
I am nominating:
Austine @ NovelKnight Book Reviews
Ali @ The Bandar Blog
Vivian @ Writing With Style
Suzanne @ The Bookish Libra
Holly @ Nut Free Nerd