It’s been nearly a year since I posted a recipe on this blog, which is silly because Matt and I cook things from scratch all the time and honestly, what’s better than the house smelling like fresh baked cookies? There are quite a few treats in our regular rotation, but today I want to share a recipe with you that is one of my husband’s favorites.
He recently made these for a work potluck, and they were a huge hit. They’re always a huge hit because who can resist an Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie?
Honestly, even if it’s not your jam, you just have to try one, just to see.
This recipe originally comes from Tablespoon. We’ve made this about five times now, and it always comes out perfect and is definitely on the baked goods rotation.
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag chocolate chips (12 oz)
- 1 package Oreo™ cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, along with chocolate chips, until just combined.
- Using a one-inch cookie scoop to measure out dough, place a single Oreo™ between two equal scoops of cookie dough. Use your hands to mold the dough around the Oreo™ until edges are sealed and cookie is completely enclosed in dough. Repeat with each cookie until all dough is used.
- Place onto a parchment-or Silpat™-lined baking sheet. The cookies will expand a bit when baking, so use two pans if necessary to provide enough space between them. Bake 11-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
I think these cookies are really sweet, but Matt likes them best with the double-stuf Oreos inside! Every time we’ve made these, everyone gobbles them up. If you try out the recipe, you have to let me know what you think!
Do you have a sweet tooth?
What’s your favorite kind of cookie?
Do you like to bake?