I add so many books to my TBR so frequently that I am in NO WAY making a dent in that monster. I add my books through a number of different ways:
- Because I just read the book and now MUST have the sequel.
- Because I just read a book and now MUST have more by that author.
- Because one of the people I follow on Goodreads just rated it high so I read the description and found it interesting.
- Because it’s a debut I find interesting – I’m constantly flipping through the debut lists on Goodreads.
- Because MacKenzie Lee recommended it on Instagram (I’m trash for her recommendation threads).
- Because people are wicked excited about it on Instagram or Twitter.
- Because it wasn’t on my radar at all but just came in OwlCrate. Haha.
- Because it was on someone else’s wrap up and has a pretty cover.
- Because it was in the “If you like this, you’ll like this!” list and I am hopeless.
- Because I read it a long time ago and don’t remember it and want to revisit.
Oof. So I think those are the top ten reasons things land on my TBR shelf. Basically, I just want to read all the books? Life goals. Basically, I just see books and go:
All of the below books have been added to my TBR this year, over the course of about three days. For aesthetic reasons, I’m only showing books that have covers? Otherwise, I recently added It’s Not Funny (a story about a girl in an improv troupe waiting for the world to realize she’s hilarious) and His Hideous Heart (a collection of Edgar Allan Poe short story retellings) but … no covers yet.
Now, don’t get excited about seeing reviews for these books any time soon.
I follow my TBR more-or-less in order (I’m big on being fair to it) and these books are 850-ish deep. If I continue at last year’s reading rate, well, you can probably expect these reviews in 4 years.
I really must do SOMETHING about the intensity of my TBR. But I suppose I wouldn’t be a rabid reader without it!
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday asked:
The Ten Most Recent Additions to My To-Read List
As you can see, my TBR is totally out of control. I’m sure since I’ve scheduled this post, I’ve added about 75 more books.